Monday, July 10, 2017

Thank You Grandma

Last night I wrote a post entitled, Last Time For Everything...

I didn't realize at the time how fitting this would be just a few short hours later.

This morning my mom called and gave me news that no one ever wants to get.

My grandma Maxine had passed away.

A couple of weeks ago, I stopped in to visit her at the nursing home and didn't realize that it would be the last time that I saw her...

I've blogged about this amazing woman before...
But honestly, though, how do you write a blog post fitting enough to describe a woman who you've looked up to your entire life?

A woman who loved you (and all of her family members) beyond measure...

who made you your favorite meal of ravioli (Stromboli, gobadiels, donuts, ect.) even after cooking two different meals for others (stubborn Norwegians like yourself) just to make you feel like you were someone special and important to her...

who was always quick to flash you that beautiful smile of hers..

who told the most amazing stories about her life (I never tired of her childhood stories, hearing about what she was doing during WWII, or laughing at some antics from her life on the farm with grandpa).

She taught me what it means to be a strong, farm wife (even though I swore up and down that I would never, ever marry a farmer).

I love you grandma.







 This has to be one of my favorite memories of grandma growing up...

making homemade ravioli.

So thankful Madi (and the boys) were able to share this memory with me.







I like to think that these two are getting to meet again...

God, this is some tough stuff.

This granddaughter of yours is going to miss you so very much (and I can't speak for my sister but I know she feels the same)!

Thank you for always making me feel so very loved grandma...

Love, Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment