Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Closing Doors

They say that when one door closes, another door opens.

I don't know if I fully believe this but I do believe that saying good-bye to people and places near and dear to your heart is extremely painful.

In my 36 short years on this planet, I have come to realize that building and maintaining relationships with people who love and care about you is priceless.

No words can describe the amount of gratitude and love I feel for the people who have been like my second family these past 12 years.

This is some hard stuff.


I am not one to shed tears in front of others.

I'm not sure where or when this particular quirk of mine started, it may have been when my father passed away suddenly and I completely lost it in front of many, many others, or it may just be something that I have always been uncomfortable with..

I don't know.

Regardless, this is something that makes me squirm and also something that I try to avoid at all costs.

The past few days, however, the most mundane of everyday tasks has reduced me to a weeping puddle.

My eyes will betray me whenever my heart feels the slightest tug of sadness.

My entire family is in transition at the moment because of a choice that I made, a choice that I feel was ultimately the right decision for me and my family.

I am trusting in Him.

This (shocking for some) decision was not made without many sleepless nights and hours spent in silent prayer.

As much as I want to stay and do what is easy, I realize that I cannot.

God is definitely at work in me at the moment.

I have been experiencing the good, but my dreams lie elsewhere.

I have wanted this opportunity for so long and when it presented itself there really was no way that I could say no.

When my dad died nearly 10 years ago, I learned a heartbreaking lesson, a lesson that I wish wouldn't have taken this horrible event for me to realize.

Life is short

Nothing is guaranteed

You have to follow your dreams, your heart, and always trust in Him.

I am listening and am trusting in this decision.

As sad as I am, I cannot wait to see what the future holds.




No comments:

Post a Comment