Sunday, July 9, 2017

Last Time for Everything

It was well over 60 years ago, when these two people met and fell in love.

Meet my grandma Betty, and my grandpa Dallas.

Two extremely influential people in my life.

These two taught me so much over the years but the single thing I will cherish the most is their LOVE of FAMILY.


Sadly, we've lost a few extremely important members over the years, and a few just couldn't make the trip today (we miss you guys!) ...

but we were still able to come together and celebrate the end of an era.

At the end of the month, grandma is moving to an apartment where there will no longer be enough space for all of us to gather.

Driving away this afternoon it hit me.

This house has been a big constant in my life (and I'm sure many of the people in this photo can say the same). 

It wasn't easy to come to this realization.

I'm going to cherish all of the countless memories we've made here over the years.

Today was our last BBQ get together...

Sadly, there really is a 'last time for everything.' 


We're a BIG group (and quite a few weren't able to be here!)


Great grand-kids.

Comparing bellies...what do you think?

Who wins this battle?!

Grandma with all of her kids standing in front of the house.

Lydell and Dianna and family.

Randy and Marj and family.

David and Debbie and family.

Pam and family.

Candace and family.


Grandma with all 9 of her great grandkids.

Grandma with 10 of 13 of her grandkids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment