Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Tolleruds Take On South Dakota: Part 4

Storybook Island. 

One of my favorite stomping grounds as a kid.

I was probably a little bit younger than my 3 though.

They weren't too impressed to walk through this fun story book theme park at the ages of 8, 11, and 12. 







I was having a lot of fun reminiscing and climbing and sliding right along with them!



Dinosaur Park.

Build in the 1930's atop Skyline Drive in Rapid City.

One of my favorite places as a kid...

and other than some chipping paint..

hasn't really changed all that much.




Madi and I went horseback riding through the Black Hills around the Crazy Horse, Custer State Park area.

Although it wasn't great on my back, it was one of my favorite stops on our way.

Madi was paired up with Lucky.


I, on the other hand, was paired up with a bumbling, clumsy horse named Lily that had such big feet she tripped multiple times on our trail ride.

Yeah...

that was fun!




Our last stop for supper was at the Great Wall Chinese Restaurant in Rapid City.

This place was by far one of my favorite places to eat (Cashew Chicken) when I was growing tup.



The next mornign on the way home, we stopped in Wall, South Dakota...home of the biggest drug store in the world.

It was a bit of a tourist trap but the kids and I had fun taking photos around the various areas.


About 1/2 way through our journey we ventured to DeSmet, SD...

home of Laura Ingalls Wilder and her family.

I have always wanted to travel here and see the places that she saw and lived in and am so thankful that I got the chance to do so now!




We also made a quick stop at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD.

Tanner was in heaven being in a historic basketball arena and also getting the chance to eat some popcorn and taste test the ice cream.
This trip was simply amazing and I am so glad that we got the opportunity to see all these places together!

No comments:

Post a Comment