Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 31. 2012.

I have found a new hobby that I can see is quickly becoming an obsession....

Today, it started with a visit with this amazing woman, my grandma Maxine.

DSC_0047
I asked her if we could go through some old photos and she happily helped me find some.

As we studied the faces of the people looking out at us from the past, people who she once knew and loved, something beautiful happened..

She started telling me wonderful stories about these people, who up until that point had remained a mystery to me.

Afterall, these were moments that happened well before I was born, during a time that only existed (for me) from reading history books.

While I was listening to her, I couldn't help but smile.

All of these stories, the moments filled with laughter and joy, pain and sadness, were being recalled because of a photograph....

a little piece of paper of a moment captured in time.

All I could think was, this is why I do what I do, why I am the crazy mom who pulls her camera out at the weirdest times.

I want to capture life...and really remember the moments, not just the cheesy grins and ridiculously posed photos.

We are here such a short time, but our legacy can live on...through photos and memories!

Thank you grandma for sharing so much with me today...I won't ever forget it! DSC_0976 DSC_0002 DSC_0011 DSC_1015 DSC_1001 DSC_0970 DSC_0997 DSC_0972 DSC_0966 DSC_0990 DSC_0993 DSC_0007 DSC_1029 This is my dad at 3, I think Tyson has his smile! DSC_0033 DSC_1004

No comments:

Post a Comment