Friday, June 29, 2012

Days 54 and beyond...summer 2012.

We have had a fantastic, albeit a little wild and crazy busy summer so far and it seems to only be getting better!

Here are some of our highlights from the past month...


DSC_0379 Isn't she gorgeous?! Her dad and I are more than a little worried about the future with this cutie... DSC_0323 DSC_5934 DSC_5899 DSC_5888 DSC_1993 DSC_1982 DSC_1942 Doesn't he look soo old here!? I can't believe that I am about to be a mom to an EIGHT year old!! DSC_1940 Ok, so then he goes and does something like this and I remember that he is just a little boy, no matter how big his britches get! DSC_1923
I know this kid of mine will break hearts someday!

I love that he was so into me taking his photos! DSC_1895 DSC_1877

My boys, they look so much like brothers! DSC_1864

 I did try and get a good shot of all three in the corn field...didn't quite work out the way that I planned! DSC_1850 DSC_1843 And yes, thats my son playing in the corn field with his skid steer...can't tell what he wants to be when he grow up can you?! DSC_1806 DSC_1778 DSC_1765 DSC_1735 And my awesome hubby (who is the best dad on the planet!) is building this kick a@* swing set for the kids... DSC_3518 DSC_3522 DSC_3534

This is how we roll down here on the farm, calves hang out in our sandbox! DSC_3551 hahah, ok, well only if you are a future fair calf and are being tortured, ahem, taught how to be led around by our young kids!


Meet our fourth child, Gordon.

He is the only kitty to have survived our family from last summer's batch (we actually don't know what happened to a couple of the others).

 He is so humanized that he climbed up the ladder to join us on the deck of the new swing set instead of climbing the post like a 'normal' cat would! DSC_3564 We all LOVE him... DSC_3567

I have no reason what so ever to do any kind of landscaping in our front yard, umm, dirt pile in the next few years. Not with this little guy around! DSC_3578 He's 3, need I say more?! DSC_3593 He goes from crabby and mad to happy and silly in exactly 2.5 seconds! DSC_3599

I have been spending many hours finishing our porch, painting, painting, and you guessed it, more painting!

But it will all be worth it in the end when I get to hang this up...and live by these 'rules' DSC_3614

Have I mentioned that we have been raising caterpillars?

Well, they hatched today and the kids were uber excited! DSC_3616

There is still a lot of work to do on the swingset, errr, country kid paradise...but they LOVE it so far! DSC_3629 DSC_3637 DSC_3639 DSC_3640

And WOOHOO!

I finished painting the rails (at least with coat numero uno...which is all the they will see this summer, I am SICK of the tedious job!) now onto the floor! DSC_3649

Lovin' her cats...and me, lovin' the porch I always imagined! DSC_3666 DSC_3671 Happy summer 2012 ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment