Monday, August 11, 2014

Coming Out Stronger

For seven years I have ached to reach out and grasp something that isn't earthly possible.

I have spent countless hours, days, weeks, and years wishing for just one more moment with him.

There were many sleepless nights, especially in the beginning, moments spent in silent prayer with tears streaming down my face, all the while begging for something I knew I could never have.

Seven years ago, my life changed drastically when he was suddenly ripped away.

Up until that moment I had been living happily, watching my dreams of getting married, and becoming a mom come true.

I was blissfully unaware of what the word tragedy really meant.

Quite honestly I always believed that tragedy couldn't happen to me.

But happen it did.

It hasn't been an easy road, traveling through this tremendous grief, but it is a road that is getting a bit easier to navigate.

Tonight my sister and I had dinner together, just the two of us, and were able to talk and laugh and enjoy the evening spent in each others company.

The sadness isn't gone, and I know that it never will be, but we are here, and we are living, and that's what truly counts.

I know dad would be proud of that.

Love you dad.




No comments:

Post a Comment