Sunday, December 8, 2013

The precious gift of TIME.

"Mom, we had a good day today, didn't we?" declared my sweet and sometimes sassy girl this afternoon.

"Mmmhmmm... we did," I softly replied as I sat beside her coloring.

"I mean, we didn't get mad at each other and you showed me how to do some really cool art projects. Can we do this again tomorrow?"

DSC_0579

I stopped coloring and put the crayon beside me and just stared at her, such wisdom coming from her seven year old self.

She smiled.

That was all it took and I melted.

We had a good day.

She was right, of course.

I knew that she wasn't referring to the homemade crayons we had made or the melted crayon paintings we had created earlier....

She was referring to one thing and one thing only and it is something that isn't easily given these crazy busy days in which we live... and that is my TIME.

Life hasn't been too happy and stress free at our house lately.

I find myself rushing the kids from school to activities, to endless chores and work obligations and so many other things until our life is becoming a blur of 'have to get here, have to go there' moments.

I needed these moments with that sweet girl of mine who has been struggling with this hectic lifestyle as of late.

Here is a glimpse at our day.

DSC_0574 DSC_0581 DSC_0564 DSC_0561 DSC_0549

Her look of total JOY and silliness makes me smile... I hope it lasts a long time! DSC_0600

No comments:

Post a Comment