Sunday, December 1, 2013

Trying not to blink.

Life these days never seems to slow down.

There never really is a dull moment when you are a wife and mama and teacher and sister and daughter and friend and the list goes on and on with the many hats that fit on my head throughout the day.

I feel extremely fortunate that I get to wear all of these "hats" and I try to give each one the best part of me while I am wearing it.

If I am being completely honest however, it is very difficult to juggle all of these roles and give each one all that I should.

The other day while I was in the midst of one of those harried moments, (you know those moments when you want a magic fairy to come and take you far, far away because life can't possibly get any more stressful) Travis reminded me that we only have a few short years left with these crazy kids before they 'fly' away.

At that moment as I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth and told him, "I know," I didn't really know.

I wasn't thinking about it because I was so preoccupied with my grumpiness I didn't let it sink in.

Later that night after whatever craziness had long been forgotten and the kids were snuggly tugged into their beds I laid awake letting those words in.

He was right, of course.

We don't have many more years left with them.

'With children, the days are long but the years are short.'

These long, stress filled days are turning into very short, blink and you miss them, years.

So, when it became apparent that little man and I would be the only ones home I stopped.

The computer was shut, my phone was put away, and my complete attention was on him and what he wanted to do.

This is the total JOY that followed...


DSC_0389 DSC_0392

I may just have nightmares sneaking into my slumber tonight... DSC_0394 DSC_0395 DSC_0403 DSC_0407 DSC_0412

I don't know if he will remember this day or not, but I know that it is a day that will forever be written on my soul.

Thanks for the play date Ty..I had a blast! DSC_0426

No comments:

Post a Comment