Thursday, April 3, 2014

A glimpse into the future...

Over the course of the past couple of months, our family has spent many Saturday's travelling to area towns to watch Tanner and the future Viking boys bball players play some ball.

Although I wasn't always so excited about waking up early on my one day of the week to sleep in, I have to say that it was a great season!

Their final tournament was held in Perham last weekend and it ended so well!

All of us parents (at least those of us who don't sit on the bench with the boys) really got into the first game, a scrappy match against the hometown team.

If we would have lost that game, we would have had to wait in Perham for another 4 hours until the boys' next game....

When I walked in part way through the first half, it didn't look too good.

We were down by about 10 or 12 points and the boys just didn't look like they were having too much fun, or maybe they were just a bit tired and out of sync.

I was a little bummed, this was a team that we had beat a few weeks ago and I thought the boys might be in the game a little more than they were.

As another mom and I lamented over the fact that we would probably have to wait another 4 hours, one of our guys made a shot and a foul was called.

Suddenly we gained some momentum and started forcing turn-overs and making shots.

Within a few minutes we were back in the game.

As one of the parents on the sidelines, I have to admit that we may have gotten a bit more into this game then we normally do.

There were a few more cheers and squeals and clapping than normal coming from our side and although I am pretty adament that this was due to the fact that we parents thought we might have a chance at not waiting so LONG for the next game, I can't deny that I was pretty excited to be coming back into the game against one of our rivals.

Well, to make a long story short our little team of 2nd and 3rd graders won in over time against the home town team and we were all so excited!

The day ended with our little guys clinching a 3rd place finish in the tournament!

It was quite a way to end the season, I am so proud of these kids!









No comments:

Post a Comment