Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Good- bye winter, hello SUMMER!

Well, we have officially entered summer here in the north.

And as far as I can tell, we skipped right by that season I like to call SPRING without so much as a blink of an eye.

Two weeks ago I was shivering right along with my students as we braved freezing cold temps and a tiny bout of ahem, dare I say....snow during our annual track and field day.

Today my own children and I were drenched in sweat as we worked and played in the 90* heat.

You just can't get more Minnesota crazy!

I am not going to complain about it though because the start to our summer vacation has begun with a BANG and we are loving (almost) every minute of it (aside from those little fires I seem to constantly be putting out with those lovable, competitive kids of mine!).

I can't believe how fast these years are flying by...I know I am a broken record when it comes to that topic but time is passing too quickly for this mama!

They were "sooo HOT", someone thought it would be a fab idea to put the hose on the trampoline...

Yup, this is how we red necks roll down here on the farm on a hot summer day! :)





"Oopsie, I don't know why the hose is pointed over my brother mom!"


Finding rocks for their collection.

No summer day would be complete without a Popsicle and a cheese burger grin!

Nope, there was no way that I was going to get this kid to smile...

No way!

Until two seconds later...

We spent a good portion of our day in the woods creating this masterpiece out of all of the dead trees and bushes.


Poor kids, it was starting to really rain when I told them 'wait! we can't go inside until we get a quick photo!'

Ty had just heard thunder and was starting to freak out (you can't tell from the look on his face can you?!)



To end our fun day Madi had to show me a science experiment that she learned...although she can't remember where (I am thinkin' it might be from youtube considering how she loves watching 'how to' videos, but I'm not sure).


It was a great way to end our fun day!

As a side note, after looking through these photos I am suddenly realizing that if we have more days like this one I will be doing a TON of laundry!

With so many outfit changes these kids went through today, I think my family alone will keep the TIDE laundry stock running! Yikes!

No wonder I always feel like I am waist deep in laundry...seriously, what do people do who have more kids than we do!?

No comments:

Post a Comment