Friday, July 17, 2015

County Fair

Today.

When I declared (what right now seems like a lifetime ago) that I was never, ever going to marry a farmer, I didn't realize that said prediction would be exactly the opposite of what would actually happen. 

I guess it's true what they say, 'never say never.' 

Years ago I didn't envision my life as a 4h mama, (if you asked me back then, I honestly couldn't have even told you much about 4h having never been in it myself).

Today, I am learning everyday what it means to be a mama of a 4h kid (or 3!). 

All three kids showed their calves in the county fair at the Dairy Show this morning.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I was secretly cheering them on in my head as they walked that arena with clean, adorable, and snuggly calves. 

To say that I was excited when Madi clinched the win in her class (she was first out of 5 in her class) would be an understatement.

She rocked it and I am so proud of her! 

Tanner did a great job as well and received a blue ribbon for his efforts and was invited back for the state fair line up. 

Madi ended up receiving a reserve champion in dairy calf (quite an honor) and getting invited back for the blue ribbon auction tomorrow (where we hope that someone sponsors her).

Tanner, showed his talents elsewhere, and received a grand champion in showmanship (which means that he was able to lead his calf well and keep it under control). 

As a  new 4h mama, I was so damn proud! 

It was a little tricky to coordinate Ty and Madi's outfits for the dress up your calf event at the fair but we pulled through!

Tyson was able to get a taste of victory like his big brother and sister when he placed 1st in this division. 

Apparently, the boy can dress for a part and play it pretty well! 











No comments:

Post a Comment