Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A Necessary Journey.

I wonder where I am headed, she thought. 

I cannot wait to find out.

I am on a necessary journey. 

I finished a profound book today by my absolute favorite children's book author, Kate DiCamillo.

Thankfully, this title found its way into my hands just when I needed it the most.

'Where Are You Going, Baby Lincoln?'

It's a book that I absolutely cannot wait to share with my new class this year.

I hope that they can feel it as much as I have.

I'm sure that when I crack the pages for the first time they may think that I am reading them a 'babyish' book.

I'm almost positive that they'll roll their eyes at my character voices and my emotion as I read the words with excitement and reverence.

I can't say that I blame them.

I mean, I remember getting embarrassed over little, trivial things when I was their age.

But you know what, I am not going to mind one little bit!

Because you see, these kids that I have yet to know on a deeper level (I have to admit I know many of them already!) are already making me smile!

A little over a week ago I found out that my request, dream, journey, ect., was coming true.

Although I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching 7 and 8 year olds the past few years, my heart has always been pulled by my very first teaching experience.

Back in 2003, I didn't realize that those 10 and 11 year olds would shape my future quite as much as they did.

I had an excellent, inspiring student teaching experience all those years ago and although I know that I will never have that same class again, I thank them for helping me know where I truly wanted to be.

So, for me this school year, random hugs and silly giggles will now be replaced by eye rolls and sarcasm and I cannot wait because....









No comments:

Post a Comment