Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Last Time.

As I sit here, on the eve of my babies' 8th birthday, I cannot help but reflect.

To put it mildly, eight years ago I was a mess.

I had just come home from visiting a couple of new babies at the hospital.

My cousin, along with Travis' cousin, had both delivered their healthy baby boys way earlier than their due dates had predicted.

And there I was, still miserably pregnant, and just a teeny bit resentful (ok, more than a teeny bit if I'm being honest).

Thankfully I had a doctors appointment the following morning...

that night I hoped and prayed that the doctor decided to keep me, so that I didn't have to go home without our little guy.

Fast forward eight years and life has totally and completely changed.

I am no longer considered a 'young' mama with small children.

My baby is about to start 2nd grade and my oldest will be a 6th grader....

oh my goodness, where in the world has the time gone?! 

A few years ago, I posted a photo of the boys along with the quote,

"with children the days are long but the years are short." 

Goodness gracious, have any truer words been said or printed?

Well, time is passing entirely too quickly and this quote still rings true for me

 but then I also found this and I can't stop...


As I sit here with hot tears rolling down my cheeks, I realize that we've already passed a lot of these 'last times'...

They seem to happen without any fanfare.

At the time, I have no idea whatsoever that these moments are major milestones, or 'last times' that I should be paying particular attention to.

I am more concerned with simply making it through the day.

These quiet, important, but forgotten about days, all blend together until I am faced with a birthday, or milestone that isn't quite as quiet.

A moment that makes me reflect and realize what a gift these impossibly hard, but amazing days truly are.

Tyson John Tollerud, my sweet baby boy, thank you for teaching your mama so many, many important life lessons, I am forever grateful.

Happy, happy birthday buddy.

I hope your day is as special as you are.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment