Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 83

After a trip to town this afternoon, I ventured to another abandoned school house located about 2 miles west of our house. I think I may have found a new passion! I am on the lookout for little old school houses and honestly I can't wait to 'discover' more! A friend of mine blogged about old buildings on her blog (you can check it out here) and inspired me. I am putting my own spin on the idea and scoping the area for school houses. As a former (and hopefully future) teacher, I love thinking about the history of these buildings. What were the students like way back then? Did they face similar educational challenges? How courageous must their young teachers have been to choose to live in rural america often times far away from family and friends? I wish for a second these old walls could talk and tell me what they've seen..
DSC_0637

No comments:

Post a Comment