Wednesday, June 5, 2013

These are the days...

I have neglected this poor project of mine for far too long and am going to attempt to begin (albeit a tad slower) again.

Today, I want to remember this moment in time...


It wasn't exactly a happy moment, but it is one that makes me proud of this boy of mine.

Tanner has been struggling lately with all the highs and lows that come with growing up.

He doesn't feel that it's fair that he has to have more responsibilty than his little brother and sister.

As an oldest child myself, I can relate to his feelings.

But today, all of his not so wonderful behavior came to a head, and his dad and I had to take on a part of this parenting gig that isn't so fun.

We decided that it would be best for him to spend some time helping out on the farm.

For those of you who don't know, Tanner is not a fan of farm life.

He would much rather be inside playing a video game or shooting some baskets.

For all of the crying and whining and attitude he dished out upon finding this out, it would have been a heck of lot easier for us to say, 'Ok, you're right, just stay in...'

{Sigh}, no one said that this parenting thing was going to be easy...

Luckily, Travis and I are in this gig together and Tanner ended up going out with him for the entire afternoon.

This is the face of the kid who greeted me after an afternoon on the farm.

He doesn't look too upset, does he?

I think he secretly had a little bit of fun (even though he will never admit to it!)

Tanner, I know that you don't always agree with what your dad and I make you do but I will promise you this, it is always done out of LOVE.

We want the best for you and need you to understand that a little tough love now and again is only going to make you that much stronger and better.

And as the lyrics to the song go...'ohh child, things are going go get easier'

No comments:

Post a Comment