Sunday, June 21, 2015

Feeling Him

Who knew...

that going away for a nearly a week to spend time on the beach with friends would turn out to be a soul touching time for me to feel closer to Him?

It all began while we were 35,000 feet above the earth.

There is something spectacular about witnessing the sunset from high above the clouds. 

I sat there with my forehead pressed tightly against the glass while the sunshine warmed my face

and I simply watched 

in wide eyed wonder all of God's beauty from up above.

I felt so light.

Something inside of me truly needed this trip, 

this get-away with friends that turned into so much more.

I am so grateful that everything fell into place and I was able to go.

While I sat in my seat, in awe of the sheer beauty all around me, I snapped photos with my camera because I knew that this was going to be a moment that I never wanted to forget

When I got home later that week and plopped the memory card into my computer, I smiled.

These images are some of my all time favorites.

I am so glad that I ignored those angry looks that I kept getting from an upset passenger in the seat in front of me as I (probably very annoyingly to him) snapped photo after photo with my big DSLR. 

I'm sure he thought I was some 'silly tourist' (I'm being nice, I'm pretty sure the word silly never crossed his mind!)

I don't mind though, capturing these images made me feel so much closer to God.

I hope that despite the man's anger, he was able to see what an amazing sight was unfolding right before him out his own window. 

Here are some of my favorite shots from that night.

This photo continues to takes my breath away.




I spent a considerable amount of time on the beach watching the sunrise each morning.

I couldn't seem to escape the pull of the ocean.

It seemed to be calling to me.

I took a lot of photos but I also spent a lot of time just walking along the edge,

letting the waves catch my feet and allowing the water to wash away all my worries.




It was beautiful.

God is truly good.

and this mama is feeling relaxed, refreshed, and completely renewed.

Thank you to everyone who helped me make this trip a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment