Saturday, May 28, 2016

Hold them CLOSE

Sometimes I struggle with what to post.

How do I know that what I am writing isn't adversely affecting my family or friends?

The truth is, 

I don't know.

I have come to terms with the fact that I may never know how this blog affects them, 

or that it may be years before the repercussions of my writing comes back to bite me or someone I love in the ass. 

Tonight I am sad, and there is just no other way to describe it.

I found out that one of my best friends in the whole world is going through something that I wish that no other person on this planet would have to experience.

Her loss is profound and gut- wrenching.

The kind of loss that stabs you in the gut and says,

"You think you got this thing called life?! 

Well, you don't..

you have NO IDEA how awful it can feel!"

While talking to her this evening and trying my damnedest not to cry and instead comfort her,

I again realized that life is short.

We need to remember that these days we have aren't unlimited,

they are numbered.

All the while, all I want to do,

need to do…

is hold my loved ones close and remind them that I love them more than anything.

So friends, family, I am asking you…

begging you,

please hold those you love tighter this evening

and remember that although they may be stressing you out now

that they are a part of your heart,

hold them close and remind them that they are loved because honestly, that's really all we have/ need when it comes down to it.

To be loved,

and to love.




No comments:

Post a Comment