Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 26. 2012.

There are so many things that I love about having a beginning reader in the house...

the sound of letters being blended into words for instance,

or the joy of hearing your child squeal with delight when she recognizes a word or reads an entire sentence!

There is also the amazing 'invented' spelling stage (something I couldn't wait to witness in my own kids after learning all about it in my elem. ed. courses in college).

I missed this stage with Tanner, who seemed to go from not reading to reading fluently overnight without much help from me or anyone else for that matter.

So, I cherish these moments with Miss Madi....

even when I am told in no uncertain terms to 'leave her A.L.O.N.E.!'

and then see this taped to the outside of her door when I go to talk to her.

DSC_4879

She is my girl, and she is a tad bit dramatic....and I love it (most of the time!)


No comments:

Post a Comment