Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Case of the Crazies...blizzard #242 and counting is in the books

 
While this very nasty blizzard was raging outside today...


we spent the third, yes, THIRD full snow day home from school this year going a little crazy.

This wasn't an uncommon site ...

We are having a LONG winter already and it is only January 16!

Recently, Madi learned how to hand knit and today she took her boredom to a whole new level...I think as of this time tonight her creation can stretch the entire length of our house!

 
Those of you that aren't from around here (here being the arctic tundra, known as western Minnesota!) probably can't fathom what the big deal is.
 
I mean, I am sure you are thinking...'what the heck is her problem, a day off of work to spend at home with your kids...that sounds like a dream!'
 
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate these days, I really do, but there is another part of me that is longing for our routine and normal weather!
 
I think the kids were feeling the same way when I told them there would be no school today...instead of the usual cheers I was met with this instead...
 
"But I want to go to school!"
 
"I don't want to make up another day when the weather is nice!!"
 

 Not quite the response that I was expecting.

We are all getting a nasty case of spring fever!


No comments:

Post a Comment