Saturday, January 3, 2015

Girl on Fire

This girl of mine has her mama smilin' so big!

A few weeks ago she came into my room after school all excited about something.

"What's up?" I asked, wondering what could possibly have her so giddy.

"Can I sign up for basketball?" She slyly grinned as she pushed a paper into my hands.

I sat there for just a second, completely stunned into silence.

Wait, what?!

Madi....basketball?!

This, from the girl who adamantly declared that she was never, nope, not ever going out for such a stupid sport (her words whenever asked if she was going to play).

As my inner mama was doing the happy dance, I calmly replied, "sure, of course you can."

So, she attended her first practice and worked her tail off and has since spent countless (and yes I mean, countless) hours in the shop or gym with her dad and brother workin' on her game.

This girl is on fire.

Tonight, she convinced me to come out to the shop and watch her play.











I was impressed, to say the least.

She is one determined girl!

Already at the tender age of 8, she has surpassed this mama's skills (which quite honestly isn't too hard!).

We did have some drama though when her big brother joined us.



I think that her previous bad feelings about this sport quite possibly came from this guy.

They are beyond competitive with each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment