Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Start of Year 5.

Today, while snapping a few photos of my kids in anticipation of this blog post that has been floating around in my head all day, I came to the realization that it has been 4 years.

Four years.

Wow.

When I started this blog, I did so because it sounded fun.

Project 365.

A photo a day for a year.

I mean, what's not to like about taking your life and documenting it in words and pictures and posting it  daily for all the world to see?

I didn't exactly make it to 365 posts back in 2011, the grand total was 264, just 101 posts shy of meeting my goal.

At first, I beat myself up over this, how could I fail at something that seemed so easy?

But easy it wasn't.

Amidst all the hustle and bustle of life, my little project fell to the wayside.

I still took photos and journaled about them, just not on a consistent basis.

The following year, the posts became much less, as with every subsequent year after.

Don't even get me started on the mess that was 2013, I mean, seriously, 21 posts?!

Which brings me to today, January 1, 2015, four years to the day since I began this journey.

I have learned so much since that day.

This journey that I embarked on back then has helped me relish this crazy, messy, awesome life that I have.

It isn't easy, in fact it's downright impossible some days but we make it through.

When I'm having a particularly tough day and feel like I am going to snap, I turn to the words and photos on this blog and I know.

I know that everything will be ok.

Life marches on.

Love continues to grow, even with the tears and fights, laughter, and late nights and endlessly busy days.

I am grateful for this one constant,

my project life.

So on that note, I am going to post a couple of shots of our current everyday....






Thanks for being a reader, a follower, or an occasional stopper into our life.

I can't wait to see where the next four years takes us!






No comments:

Post a Comment