Sunday, January 24, 2016

It's Not How Big You Are, But How BIG you PLAY.

Looking back at the blog posts from the past couple of winters there seems to be a recurring theme…

gyms,

sweat,

smiles,

tears, 

friends,

team,

basketball.

As a parent to a couple little ballers, I have to say that I am having a blast watching my kids have fun and learn important life lessons on the court. 

I read stories about parents and coaches pushing their kids and players way beyond what they should these days and it makes me pause and worry…

are we pushing our kids too hard? 

These thoughts immediately disappear, however, when I listen to the excited chatter of my children with their dad (who is attempting to coach both of their teams this year) over a game or a new play learned at practice.

"Dad, did you see that play? Should I have done something different there?"

"Hey dad, what happens when…" 

So far both kids are loving the game and I, as the parent who does not coach them, fully support this love.

Yesterday, Tanner's 5th grade team played in a tournament and had an extremely successful day. 

He and his teammates had all of us parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, and sisters cheering and beaming as they played their hearts out.

To me, these boys define what a team truly is.

They go out there and have fun, work hard, hustle, and play together.

They make me smile.

Thank you boys for making all of us so proud of you! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment