Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 159

Dear 16 year old me,

The video at the bottom of this post, struck a chord with me when I first viewed it a month ago.

So I made an appointment with my dermatologist (who I try and see at least once a year, although this time I have to admit I was about 6 months late).

My appointment was today.
DSC_0685

The whole thing was proceeding just fine, when she suddenly gave me a funny look and said, 'I don't like that one. No that's got to come off.'

My heart dropped.

Although I know that it is probably nothing to worry about, I can't help but think about the 'what ifs'.

I am sure that I will turn out just fine (I will get results on the ugly mole in about a week).

But I have to encourage all of you, to please watch this video and try to keep an eye on your body for odd spots, changing moles, ect.

Melanoma is a deadly cancer but is one that can be caught early because it begins on the outside of your body.

This blog post will be completely worth it to me if just one person hears me and takes my advice, you are worth it!
22235859_KQvHrgCl_c

No comments:

Post a Comment