Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 160

Ooof, it was a hot one today (and yes, you are only allowed to say ooof if you can claim some scandinavian heritage!)

The kids and I lubed up on sunblock and filled up two kiddie pools and proceeded to get the summer started!

In the back of my mind, I had all of these ideas of things I wanted to do.

The ideas came from pinterest of course!

I can't get enough of that site lately!

Here, in no certain order, are the pinterest inspired projects and games we tackled!

DSC_0691
This game was a ton of fun for the kids (please ignore our gross rusty water...there are drawbacks to living in the country!). I blew up some balloons and put them in our kiddie pool (complete with a 'waterslide...we go all out around here ;) !!). The kids had to try and pop them without using their hands. So FUN!
DSC_0703
And yes, my daughter is wearing plaid with paisley prints...it's how she rolls! I learned long ago to pick my battles and that is not one of them!
DSC_0737
We also did our own 4th of July tshirts...it was a fun project but we were all very hot and tired at this point! It wasn't 10 minutes after this photo was shot and the little guy was asleep!
DSC_0741
I'll have the 'after' photos on the 4th!
DSC_0745
We also made some yummy fruit kabobs for a cool snack late in the afternoon.
DSC_0750
They had a blast making patterns and picking out the fruits they wanted to use. I smiled b/c they were LOVING the FRUIT! Madi loves her some kiwi..you couldn't tell could you?
DSC_0752
DSC_0775
And last but certainly not least we painted a TON of pictures to hang up. Tanner, my school boy, created this...I hope he always feels this way!
DSC_0790

No comments:

Post a Comment