Monday, March 14, 2016

Turning it around.

"Mom! Please come outside and see how nice it is?!"

"MOM!! You GOTTA see me HIT the ball!!"

"Play catch with me, mom, please." 

Tonight, I just couldn't resist my children's pleas through the open window.

The sun was shining, the breeze was lightly blowing and I knew I had to get out there.

For me, last week was brutal...

exhaustion, 

body aches,

sore throat, 

fever of 104.9, 

chills, 

ect., ect.

I can honestly say that I have never been so sick in my entire life.

I guess that happens sometimes when you are a teacher and your immune system isn't in tip top shape.

Thankfully I have some pretty amazing family and friends who care for me and picked up the slack when I couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. 

There were times I wondered if I was ever going to get better, especially on day 5 of being bedridden. 

But I am on the upswing, and I can't let it define this week.

So, even though it was just a moment that I watched them, it was a moment that made me smile and realize …

sometimes the bad moments happen 

so we can truly appreciate the good moments. 










No comments:

Post a Comment