Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 48

The past week or so has been a productive one for me. I have been doing a lot of spring cleaning and boy, oh boy does it feel soo GOOD! I am not one to hold onto items and used to pride myself on being organized. Well, with a husband, myself, and three kids 'stuff' seems to accumulate by the truckload every year. I thought that this would get better once we moved into a bigger home, but honestly who am I kidding?! We just have that much more room to store more STUFF!
I organized an entire cupboard that is only devoted to art supplies, pencils, markers, scissors, glue, ect. The kids now have books in baskets in every room in our home (as a former elementary teacher, I feel that giving my kids a print rich environment is one of the greatest gifts I can give them!) and the toys are semi-contained to boxes and bins that were once labeled and held the items the labels stated (that pipe dream went out the door when our third baby was born). Who has time for that?! It felt good to drop boxes off at the thrift store, in fact, I am planning another trip there soon!
For me, when our home is cluttered and unorganized I feel like a mumble jumble mess! Well, I am starting to breathe a little easier...things are looking up and my mind is clearing along with our home.
So, today, I wanted to post a bright and colorful photo, here are some of the colored pencils that are now organized neatly in our art cupboard (we'll see how long that lasts!) This photo makes me happy and is making me itch to draw a colorful picture!
DSC_0262

No comments:

Post a Comment