Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 50

There were so many things that happened in our family today but I had to choose the biggest one to post on the blog. I am now a parent to a 5 year old girl! Happy Birthday to my sweet and sassy little Madi...
madisweet
Do you see what I mean when I say that?! We did a super quick, very impromptu little session in the studio in between me putting together two meals (once again, that is a story for another day my friends, but I will say that it involves some very picky eaters!). These are the two photos that caught my eye.
When she came into my life 5 years ago, I couldn't have been more excited or thrilled to be a mommy to a little girl! I have had dreams about being a mom for as long as I can remember and they have always included having at least one daughter. So to say that I was thrilled when the doctor placed her on my tummy on this day five years ago would be a huge understatement! She has brought us a lot of love, joy, and smiles, and I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't add drama to that list! She is a girl in every sense of the word and I knew that I was in for it when the nurses brought her back to me that first night after she was born (can you tell that she was the second born?? I really wanted a couple of nights of sleep before the crazy reality of having 2 kids under 19 months in the same home hit me). They told me that her screams were keeping the other babies up and that they couldn't calm her down...{sigh}, those were the early Madi days. We ended up getting to know one another very well, which was mainly her telling us exactly what she needed and when she needed it!
Fast forward five years later and we still deal with drama on a daily basis but I cannot imagine my life without this amazing little girl! She is so strong and I know that this attribute is going to take her very far in life.
Happy Birthday, my girl, I love you to stars and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment