Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 243

Reading is one of my all time favorite things to do and I am hard pressed to find an activity that takes me away to another time and place quite like it.

I can't imagine a better way to spend a cold, wintery evening than curled up on the couch with a blanket and a 'can't put me down' book.

When I came into Madi's room tonight to tuck her into bed, this is what I found her doing...
DSC_4066

She is bound and determined to learn how to read.

I couldn't be more thrilled.

I didn't ask her to pick this book up, she chose it.

I love listening to her little girl voice forming the sounds that the letters make.

For me, there is no greater joy than watching her little eyes light up when she is able to sound a word out all by herself and say with complete confidence, 'Mom! I can READ!'

Reach for the stars my sweet girl, I know you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment