Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 206

Dear dad,

I miss you.

Today was a tough one.

All day, you were in my thoughts as I went about my daily routine.

I can't believe that it has been four years since I have heard your voice, seen you smile, or felt the warm embrace of your hug as you wrapped those big arms around me.

I love you.

The kids and I made the trek to Hawley to visit your resting place this afternoon and on the way, we stopped and got some new flowers for you.
DSC_0430
These kids of mine made me so proud, as they quietly arranged the beautiful bouquets that they picked out just for you in the vases around your headstone.
DSC_0426
They are a lot bigger since the last time that you saw them, and love to hear stories about you.
DSC_0438

As we sat there and talked, I became more sad and was close to tears when the dark, cloudy sky suddenly parted and the sun shone down on us.
DSC_0450
I believe with all my heart that you were sending me a message from heaven.

Thanks for wrapping your 'arms' around me today, dad.

I love you and know that we will be together again someday.
DSC_0439


No comments:

Post a Comment