Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 217

Wheat harvest is nearly finished, and fall is right around the corner.

The kids and I went back to school shopping and it was bittersweet.

I am excited to get back into a routine but sad that I have two kids who are going to be gone all day at school.

I have been finding myself saying this a lot lately, but where did the time go?!

So, until these last precious weeks come to a close, I am going to be documenting what is left of our summer!

We brought Travis supper in the field and stopped to play for a little bit.

Tyson was pretty happy he brought his combine with!
DSC_0773
For him, there is nothing more fun than playing on an empty trailer.
DSC_0807
Pure J.O.Y.!
DSC_0780
Tanner and Madi were busy climbing straw bales and jumping off them.
DSC_0838
And, YES, she is BAREFOOT!

She forgot her shoes and when I told her that she had to wait in the van, she had none of it.

The stubborn-ness in her puffed out her little chest and said very matter of factly, 'It doesn't hurt!'
DSC_0845
And then the boys got into a little rumble when they found some old corn stalks to throw at each other.
DSC_0875
DSC_0876
Travis spent a lot of time fixing our old baler (he has had it since college and it has baled some 90,000 bales...CRAZY!)
DSC_0852
Hope you're having a happy end of summer like we are!
DSC_0823

No comments:

Post a Comment