Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 121

Mmmm...

Brace yourself, this is going to be doozy of a blog post!

So, I made cowboy caviar the other day for a party I was hosting at my house and since it didn't last very long, I decided to make it again.

Step by step.

So you can become addicted to it too!

Just like I am.

I could devour this stuff without chips (it is made to be a dip)...it is just that good!

To start with, you are going to need the following ingredients..

DSC_1007
corn, black beans, black eyed peas, diced tomatoes, a lovely green pepper, a green chile pepper, some fresh cilantro, Italian dressing, garlic powder, and my personal fave, a purple onion..(if for no other reason than I love the color pop it adds!).

I added corn to the mix first tonight because I wanted the little frozen kernels to thaw out before I tasted it!
DSC_1003

See what I mean? Isn't this pretty?
DSC_1012

I can taste it already :)
DSC_1014

I like the onions diced up nice and tiny.
DSC_1017

Next up on the chopping block is the little green chile pepper to add some zing!
DSC_1019

This beauty has been in the fridge for about a week, so it is looking a little 'sick'.
DSC_1023

I chop the pepper until it is itty bitty.
DSC_1025

I rinse these until the water runs clear so they don't turn my pretty caviar all black.
DSC_1030

Pour in some black eyed peas...
DSC_1034

and tomatoes..(I used the petite diced ones in case you are wondering)
DSC_1037

Time to mix all the beautiful colors together...I love this part!
DSC_1041

Chop up some cilantro,
DSC_1043

Last, but not least, you'll need to add some Italian dressing.
Since I am not the type of gal who likes to measure things out precisely, I eyeballed it and went for taste...I think it is around a cup in case you like to use measurements!
DSC_1045

and there you have it, a tasty, summery salsa that is easy to make and fun to bring to family gatherings!
DSC_1051

And for those of you who read and love the pioneer woman (like I do), I know that this post is just like her food posts..I couldn't help it. I wanted to try one all for myself and wow, it was f.u.n.!

1 comment: