Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 126

Today was one of those milestone days when I didn't know whether to smile or cry.

As I sit here, trying to write a decent blog post about my oldest child finishing kindergarten, I am struggling to find the right words.

I am going to let some photos tell the story of his day...

He was very excited when he got on the bus this morning.
DSC_0136e

His class took a field trip around our hometown and visited places like the library, the clinic, and the nursing home.
DSC_0147e

Ty was so excited about seeing his big brother, and Tanner was equally thrilled to see him. I love that they held hands walking together through town.
DSC_0160e

We tagged along after we heard they were making a run for ice cream...Yum!
DSC_0171e

And this post wouldn't be complete unless I told you a little about Tanners amazing teacher.

Meet Mrs. Strand.
DSC_0308e
She has been such a positive, bright spot in Tanners daily life the past nine months! She helped us find ways to challenge him and keep him interested in school (which honestly has been a little bit of a struggle). I can't thank her enough for everything that she has done! But I will try to anyway, THANK YOU for loving and nurturing and helping our child grow this year!

I think Tanner summed it up pretty well when asked if he was going to miss Kindergarten...'I want to go to first grade, but I am really going to miss kindergarten and I don't really want to talk about it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment